We have two 18-month Junior Researcher positions (Early-Stage Researcher) as part of the ESSENCE (Evolution of Shared SEmaNtics in Computational Environments) Marie Curie Initial Training Network, a 4-year international collaborative research training project coordinated by the University of Edinburgh. This is a rare, high-profile position that offers exceptional benefits ideally suited for top graduates.
The contracted researcher will be expected to travel, participate in network-wide training events, spend extended periods of time abroad with supervisors from other institutions within the network, and during secondments to non-academic and industrial partners.
The ESSENCE network aims for 40% females among the recruited researchers. Female applicants are explicitly encouraged to apply and will be treated preferentially whenever they are equally qualified as other male candidates. The ESSENCE network will encourage flexible working hours at each host institution and/or the opportunity to work part-time from home if necessary. ESSENCE will provide specific support for female researchers in terms of targeted training events and dedicated mentoring.
- Robust communication and alignment of concept extensions (Taiger, Madrid, Spain)
- Open-ended Robot Interaction (AI Lab, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Belgium)
- be in the first 4 years (full-time equivalent research experience) of their research careers, and not yet have a doctoral degree.
- Researchers can be of any nationality.
- At the time of recruitment by the host organisation, researchers must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc) in the country of their host organisation for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the reference date. (Short stays such as holidays and/or compulsory national service are not taken into account.)
Closing date for position 1 at Taiger, Madrid, Spain: 15th April 2016
Closing date for position 2 at AI Lab, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Belgium: 15th June 2016